Thursday 10 May 2012

Life 1.0

I hate my life!

Since we only get one life, I can't wait around for an upgrade to Life 2.0.  So I guess it's up to me to do something about it.

But where to begin?  Health?  Job?  Family?  Hobbies?  Everything?  It's overwhelming.  Plus, conventional wisdom says:

  1. Set your goal
  2. Pursue your goal
What happens if you don't know what your goals are?

If you're me, you decide to ignore conventional wisdom and wander your own path.  So, even though I have no idea where I'm going, I'm going to go anyways.  Making it up as you go along works!  Right?

Since I don't know where I want to go, I figure any action is better than no action.  Besides, I really want to be able to look back a year from now and say 'I'm glad I started'.

What does this look like?
  1. Figure out what I want to be when I grow up.  
    • This starts with working through some aptitude tests, career finder books, etc.
  2. Eating healthier
    • As I eat things from the pantry, replace them with healthier versions
    • Learn to cook food at home
  3. Pick one habit a month to work on

No comments:

Post a Comment